Monday, July 30, 2012

Life is over at 41. Or is it just beginning?


Yesterday I was reading some comments in a facebook thread and saw someone ask if, at age 41, they could still make a change in their lifestyle/body/health.  I sat there staring at that question for a moment, somewhat in disbelief.

You see, I have worked with clients much older than 41 who not only turned their life around by beginning a healthy eating journey, but they lost weight, were able to get off medications they had been on for years, and some even completed marathons for the first time ever. I also have an amazing dad who, at age 86, still drives to town to play cards with his friends, mows the yard, cooks, does laundry, gardens, and kicks butt at crossword puzzles.  It will always be ingrained into my way of thinking that we have the power to change, to be the best version of ourselves, at any given moment in our lives. I don’t care if you’re 41, 61, or 81!  One thing is for sure, you’ll never find out if you don’t try! 

So, when I saw that question and it dawned on me that not everyone thinks like I do, I thought I would give you a little confidence to try, no matter what age you are.  I’m going to be 41 in a little over a month, and I have the utmost confidence that I am going to be a bad ass 41 year old, and I will still be pushing myself and reaching for new goals at 91.  What about you?  Have you started your journey to your healthiest body yet?

I say, eat clean, exercise and be as open minded, positive and loving as you can possibly be! Never stop improving yourself.  Take baby steps at first if you feel overwhelmed. You have plenty of time to get there.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment