Monday, December 3, 2012

Review: Simply Hemp Milk

If you follow me on Facebook, you already know a few things about me: a.) I love me some hemp seeds, and b.) I am infatuated with the documentary Average Joe on the Raw. So, needless to say, when these two things came together in one yummy package...I had to try it!

The owner/creator of Simply Hemp Milk is none other than Seth Hayhurst, the "Average Joe" the documentary was based on.  He changed his life and his health when he began eating a Raw foods diet. I was even inspired to do the Raw foods diet study after watching the documentary.

One thing that intrigued me the most about Simply Hemp Milk, was that it came in a powdered form.  That eliminates the need for any preservatives, or other unnecessary additives that most shelf-stable milk alternatives have.

When I received the samples, I was immediately impressed by the packaging.  The milk powder comes in a very natural, simple package, but still very attractive and fun.  It's also unbelievably easy to make!  All you do is dump the contents of the package into your blender, add water, and blend.  It took no time at all to have some fresh, delicious hemp milk, without the worry of unwanted sweeteners, chemicals, and other junk.  Of course, that also means the milk won't last for weeks, like some pasteurized versions will, but that's ok.  It won't make it that long anyway!

I tasted it plain, and really enjoyed the subtly sweet, somewhat cinnamony taste of the milk by itself, but my very favorite way to use it was in my smoothies. Hemp is an excellent source of protein, amino acids, essential fatty acids, and phytonutrients, so by adding it to my smoothies I was really getting a great boost of nutrients, while adding a super yummy dimension to my smoothies.  It would make a great after-workout drink, fo sho.

So, do me a favor and head on over to Simply Hemp Milk and order a sample pack (or more)! You can thank me later. <3








No comments:

Post a Comment