Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Heart healthy juices for LOVE week: Lemonberry

In celebration of my very favorite holiday, VALENTINE'S DAY, Omega Juicers has asked me to develop five new heart-healthy juice recipes over the next five days.  Every single one of these recipes is SO FULL of heart healthy ingredients that you just may add 25 years to your life after drinking these!  Or, maybe, you'll just have a bigger smile on your face.  Either way, these are delicious and chock full of unbelievable nutrients and energy-producing goodness!  Let me know what you think! 

This particular recipe was my favorite.  It is not a cheap recipe, especially this time of year, but when berries are in season I plan to drink this every single day!  My husband did not like this one.  But he's a big wimp!  It's a little on the tart side of things, but you can most definitely add less lemon if you're also a wimp.  :)

The berries in this are loaded with heart-healthy antioxidants, and of course apples are known to keep the doctor away, and no wonder! They're brimming with antioxidants, phytochemicals and pectin!  Ginger is also an amazing spice for the heart!  It's full of anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol!  WIN-WIN!

This juice was also a little bit thicker than most juices.  Berries are tricky to juice, and I had to "help" it go through my Omega strainer a bit, which is why it ended up a tad thick. But honestly, I really liked this texture. I swear it was like drinking a blackberry pie!  Deeeelish!  

Lemonberry
6 oz blackberries
2 cups blueberries
1 lemon, some peel left on
1 gala apple, quartered and cored
Fresh ginger, to taste

Use organic produce.


Makes 16 ounces

Tomorrow's Juice: Heart Beets! <3


Recipe is my original creation.  Feel free to share, but please link back to this original post.  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment