Thursday, September 19, 2013

Low carb/High fat Pumpkin Spice Latte!

So, if you're following my facebook page, by now you know that I am doing yet another crazy diet study on myself. This time it is a very high fat (75%), very low carb (10%) diet.  I will be doing a more detailed blog about this study at a later time (currently in term paper hell and too busy to blog much!)  BUT, this particular blog HAD to be done today!

I am a newly converted Starbucks PSL lover!  I love all things pumpkin, but this is the first year I've really gotten hooked on the Starbucks version of this latte.  So, it's sad that I have to be all health conscious and worry about things like calories and carbs and sugar.  But, luckily I'm also creative!

I present to you, the Low carb/High fat version of the PSL!




Ingredients
1/2 cup organic heavy cream (any milk substitute would be fine, just not as high in fats!)
2-3 T of pumpkin puree (I used 2, but if you're not too worried about carbs, go ahead and add more!)
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
4-5 drops of English Toffee flavored liquid stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
1/2-3/4 cup of super strong coffee/espresso, brewed, depending on how strong you like your latte

In a small pan, add the heavy cream and pumpkin and stir over medium heat until well blended, then add the spices and stevia.  Bring to a low boil.  Add milk mixture to your blender and blend until frothy (20-30 seconds).  Pour milk mixture into a mug and add the hot coffee!  Optional: whip up some homemade whipped cream (whip heavy cream until thick, add a few drops of stevia for sweetness)  Voila!

Enjoy!

Calories: 412
Carbs: 3 g
Fat: 48 g
Protein: 0



No comments:

Post a Comment